10 Tips for using Google Alerts (Your own personal News & PR feed!!)
Use Google alerts to follow any topic on the web & feed into your PR
Step 1 Get a Google account and G mail account
Step 2 Sign into Google
Step 3 Google ‘Google alerts ‘
Use the HELP …it is actually helpful !!
Google explains their service like this ” Google Alerts are e mails sent to you when Google finds new results — such as web pages, newspaper articles, or blogs — that match your search term. You can use Google Alerts to monitor anything on the Web. For example, people use Google Alerts to:
- find out what is being said about their company or product.
- monitor a developing news story.
- keep up to date on a competitor or industry.
- get the latest news on a celebrity or sports team.
- find out what’s being said about themselves.
Here’s how it works:
- You enter a query that you’re interested in.
- Google Alerts checks regularly to see if there are new results for your query.
- If there are new results, Google Alerts sends them to you in an email.
For general queries like [ football ], you can get a summary of the new results every day. For specific topics, like [ cardiovascular atherosclerosis ], you might not get an email every day, but you’ll find out when something new and relevant is published. See more examples of how Google Alerts are used “
Step 4 Get alerts sent to your G mail account daily /weekly Set up alerts
Step 5 Choose the type of info can you get ?
-videos -books -articles -reviews -products
Step 6 So if you collect china cats you can request alerts on China cats
Then you can
- · re tweet/ blog/share these on Your social media
- · offer them as tips to your clients
- · watch what your mentors are doing
- · follow trends
- · spy on people ooops no !!!!
- · watch your keywords eg @fabcoach #mindfulness
· Step 7 What else could you use them for ?
- · Track your own social media profile
Step 8 Be an expert from your own laptop ! Polite Hint
- No copying
- Manage your alerts or your g mail box will clog up !!
- Thank people for content
Step 9 For more Social media advice and Tips #quickfast Contact me to book your 1 to 1 social media session !
Step 10 Call me on 07971 881251 or e mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on Twitter @fabcoach
© Karen Perkins 2013